Principal Scientist, Microbial Products: Process and Analytics Development, Keele, UK (Ref:CBK02)
As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone development services, stretching from cell line development through to the commercial supply of investigational medicinal products. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
We are currently looking to recruit a Principal Scientist within the Operations Group at Keele, Staffordshire, UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for microbial product upstream development.
The main duties will include:
• Responsibility for scientific process development delivery, working with technical leads and multidisciplinary teams to determine the optimal technical and scientific approach for assigned development programmes.
• Supporting the scoping and development of required analytics methods.
• Responsibility for technology transfer within the Cobra group or externally.
• Provision of recognized scientific technical expertise to the business.
• Supporting Commercial activities and working closely with Project Management.
In addition, this role will provide high level expert opinion on science practiced within the Company and will assist management to formulate scientific strategy to ensure that Cobra has a competitive advantage in process development. The successful applicant will also be expected to travel within the US and Europe.
The applicant must have extensive fermentation development experience within the Microbial field; ideally with a PhD or MSc qualification. He/She will also be able to demonstrate:
• A broad knowledge of bio-processing with the ability to confidently interpret data, reach sound scientific conclusions, present, discuss and defend data / scientific direction both internally, to academic groups and clients.
• The ability to work independently with limited supervision, owning the scientific direction of their work as well as interact with academic groups.
• The ability to work in a multifunctional team.
• The ability to solve complex problems.
• The ability to demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
• He or she should have previously published work in peer reviewed scientific journals.
Applications should be sent in writing stating the appropriate reference number with full C.V. and current salary details to: Marie Cusworth, HR Administrator, Human Resources, Cobra Biologics email; email@example.com