As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone development services, stretching from cell line development through to the commercial supply of investigational medicinal products. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Down Stream Processing Purification scientist to work primarily within the GMP Facility.
Main duties will include:
• To execute assigned programmes of GMP manufacturing in an efficient and compliant manner.
• To support Senior Scientist in scheduling and planning GMP manufacturing campaigns as required.
• To provide support as required on assigned process development / technology transfer experimental work both in-house and contractually in a timely manner.
• To support the Product Delivery Group in maintaining documentation compliance in respect of SOP updates, change control generation and close-out and support with deviation investigations as necessary.
• To form part of multidisciplinary teams taking processes from the development stage into GMP as required.
It is essential that applicants possess a strong practical experience in the purification of biomolecules, and experience of working within a GMP environment. Direct experience of plasmid DNA purification is advantageous.
The ideal applicants will possess a degree or PhD in Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering or equivalent qualification with practical laboratory expertise in a relevant technical area. Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate must be flexible in their approach to work and willing to work additional hours including weekends to accommodate processing. The enthusiasm to learn and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation are also essential.
This role will be based at Keele, Staffordshire; however, a willingness to travel within the Group will be required.
Applications should be sent in writing stating the appropriate reference number with full C.V. and current salary details to: Marie Cusworth, Human Resources Administrator using the form below.