As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone development services, stretching from cell line development through to the commercial supply of investigational medicinal products. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
A Vacancy has arisen for an experienced GMP Microbial Fermentation Scientist to work within Product delivery.
Main duties will include:
• To execute and complete assigned GMP process development / technology transfer experimental in a timely manner.
• To form part of multidisciplinary teams working within all areas of the Operations Group.
• Ensure laboratory notebooks and/or Batch Manufacturing Records are completed and maintained according to Cobra Standard Operating Procedures.
• Provide results, data and progress to project leaders.
• Train less experienced staff in techniques, as required.
Applicants will have practical experience in fermentation and microbial cell banking.
The ideal applicant will possess a minimum of 2 A’Levels, Btech/NVQ or BSc in a Science subject or equivalent qualifications degree. The Applicant should be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and strong practical skills within their area of expertise. Previous experience in a GMP environment is desirable.
The successful candidate must be flexible in their approach to work and willing to work additional hours to accommodate processing. The enthusiasm to learn and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation are also essential.
This role will be based at Keele, Staffordshire, however, a willingness to travel within the Group will be required.
Applications should be sent in writing stating the appropriate reference number with full C.V. and current salary details to: Marie Cusworth, Human Resources Administrator, using the form below.