As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone development services, stretching from cell line development through to the commercial supply of investigational medicinal products. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced GMP Scientist within the Cell Culture and Virus Production Team to work within the GMP production facility.
Main duties will include:
- Cell culture and Virus production within a GMP Clean Room environment.
- To maintain the status of the GMP production facility clean rooms.
- Compliant execution of GMP processes in a timely manner according to Manufacturing Plans and Batch Manufacturing Records.
- To review and author Standard Operating Procedures, Materials Specifications and Batch Production Records for GMP production.
- To form part of multidisciplinary teams, lead by the Production Manager or Senior Scientist, taking processes from the client/development/technology transfer stage into GMP.
The ideal applicant will possess BSc in a Science subject or equivalent qualifications, candidates with a minimum of 2 A’Levels, Btech/NVQ and relevant experience will also be considered. Applicants will have practical experience of working in a GMP production facility in an industrial environment. Experience working with mammalian cell lines is essential, as is a sound knowledge of fermentation principles and large scale mammalian cell culture within disposable vessels is desirable. Applicants should be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and strong practical skills within their area of expertise. A working knowledge of virus production is desirable.
The successful candidate must be flexible in their approach to work and willing to work additional hours to accommodate processing. The enthusiasm to learn and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation are also essential.
This role will be based at Keele, Staffordshire; however, a willingness to travel within the Group will be required if the opportunity arose.