As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone development services, stretching from cell line development through to the commercial supply of investigational medicinal products. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
We are currently looking to recruit a GMP Production Manager reporting to the Head of Operations at the Keele facility. The GMP Production Manager will be responsible for operational management and ownership of delivery on assigned manufacturing and technical transfer programmes.
The successful candidates will manage production teams whilst ensuring financial, operational, quality and health & safety targets are met as required by the Company.
The main duties will include:-
- Planning, co-ordination and execution of assigned work on schedule
- Leadership through coaching and mentoring of multi skilled scientific teams
- Manage manufacturing activities through effective utilization of resources
- Ensuring manufacturing programmes are delivered according to good scientific practices and Good Manufacturing Practices in accordance with the Company Quality systems
- Working directly with internal and external customers to ensure full on time delivery including all management of all supporting quality documentation
- Actively initiating and managing process improvements to improve efficiency
- Recruit, train and manage group personnel in order to execute work in accordance with best practices
- Provide subject guidance in area of expertise
- Identify, manage and deliver continuous improvement opportunities to drive efficiency and capacity growth
The ideal applicant will possess a minimum first degree in a scientific related subject or equivalent qualification or relevant experience; a higher postgraduate professional qualification may also be advantageous. Applicants must have experience of bio-processing using microbial fermentation, operations in a GMP regulated environment. Previous relevant experience of line managing scientific staff in a bio-pharmaceutical environment is essential.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills and must have prior experience of presenting both internally and externally.
The position will be based at Keele, Staffordshire however, a willingness to travel will be required.
Applications should be sent in writing stating the appropriate reference number with full C.V. and current salary details to: – Marie Cusworth, HR Administrator.