As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone development services, stretching from cell line development through to the commercial supply of investigational medicinal products. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
We are currently looking to recruit Senior Scientist(s) within the Process and Analytics Development Group at Keele, Staffordshire, UK. The successful candidates will be responsible for biologics (multiple product type) downstream processing development.
The main duties will include:
- Contribution to the design and planning of processes with accountability for leading the execution of assigned process development, client transfer or internal Research and Development programmes of work.
- Supporting the transfer of processes into GMP across all sites or to external clients.
- Responsibility for the interpretation of data, impact assessment and provision of recommendations for further development or scale up.
- Supporting Commercial activities and working closely with Project Management.
- Supporting Cobra’s Research and Development programme including poster presentations and conference attendance where applicable.
The ideal applicants will possess a degree or PhD in Biochemistry, Virology, or other relevant scientific qualification and the ability to quickly learn and implement new skills. Practical experience in the purification of biomolecules and purification development is essential. Practical experience of using ÄKTA systems is strongly desirable. Knowledge and practical experience of viral purification is advantageous.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, practical skills within their area of expertise and the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
The successful candidates must be flexible in their approach to work and willing to work additional hours to accommodate processing. The enthusiasm to learn and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation are also essential.
This role will be based at Keele, Staffordshire and may involve travel within the Group as projects require.
Applications should be sent in writing stating the appropriate reference number with full C.V. and current salary details to: Marie Cusworth, HR Administrator, Human Resources, Cobra Biologics.