As a leading manufacturer of Biopharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics is dedicated to designing robust processes for its international life science customers that deliver quality commercial, clinical, and pre-clinical products. To comply with the rigorous Regulatory requirements of today our flexible and resourceful teams devise innovative, streamlined and optimised solutions to overcome the hurdles in manufacturing proteins, viruses, DNA, and cell products. All our programmes meet cGMP standards worldwide with full Regulatory support.
We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Project Management to join the leadership team at Cobra Biologics, Keele. This role will have responsibility for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of a variety of customer contracts, through an experienced Project Management Team (PMT).
Reporting to the Site Manager, the main duties will include:-
- Line management and responsibility for the site PMT, including recruitment, training and coaching of staff in the co-ordination and execution of Customer contracts
- Ensure support is provided to the commercial and technical teams in order to write, support and execute Customer proposals and projects
- Working closely with Operations and Quality to ensure that contracts are managed in line with Customer expectations
- Direct the PMT to determine priorities within the project portfolio to maximise revenue and profit for the site
- Ensure appropriate planning and communication tools are available to manage project activity and to ensure visibility to the project teams
- Work as a member of the Site Leadership Team representing both the PMT and the Customer
The ideal applicant will possess a Science or Technical degree or equivalent qualification, and have at least 5years’ relevant experience within a biotechnology or pharmaceutical environment.
Previous management experience is essential, preferably within a project management team.
The successful individual will be expected to interact with both internal people and external Customers at all levels and be able to demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal and organisation skills in order to work constructively in a fast moving environment.
He/She will need to be a proactive team player, within the department and across the organisation, who demonstrates drive and initiative, with a successful track record in effecting system and cultural change.
The position will be based at Keele, Staffordshire however, willingness to travel within the Group and for audit and client meetings will be required.
Applications should be sent in writing stating the appropriate reference number with full C.V. and current salary details to Marie Cusworth.