As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone development services, stretching from cell line development through to the commercial supply of investigational medicinal products. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
We are currently looking to recruit a Science Manufacturing Technician Apprentice for our Keele site in Staffordshire.
As a Science Manufacturing Technician in Cell and Gene Therapy you will be responsible for operating in unique facilities, using pioneering technologies and state of the art equipment used in production activities across a wide range of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs). You will work as part of a highly collaborative team involved in accelerating the commercialisation of innovations from early research to delivery to patients. Companies in this sector operate under highly regulated conditions and a premium is placed on appropriate attitudes and behaviours to ensure everyone complies with organisational safety and regulatory requirements.
- Both independently and within a team start-up, operate and complete a production run of a manufacturing batch or continuous process in line with company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Understanding the principles of process operation and science behind Cell and Gene Therapies.
- Work safely in a cleanroom environment, understanding personal responsibility for Health, Safety and the Environment and principles of risk management.
- Understand, follow and perform duties in accordance quality procedures to meet the requirements of quality standards relevant to your workplace.
- Understand the internal and external regulatory environment pertinent to Cell and Gene Therapy and to the employer and comply with regulations proficiently.
- Control and monitor advanced processes or novel equipment, effectively, efficiently and securely, and resolve problems or correct abnormal conditions.
- Complete and maintain compliant process documentation to ensure traceability of processes.
- Work with standard software packages such as Microsoft Office and the latest Information Technology on process control.
Essential Educational Requirements:
GCSE in Maths and English at grade A to C or 9 to 4. A scientific GCSE would be desirable. The candidate should also be able to demonstrate a passion for Science.
This is a two-year apprenticeship programme. The apprentice will work towards a Level 3 BTEC in Applied Science. Delivery of the academic content will be weekly online tutorials and face to face learning and practical sessions which will take place in Sutton Coldfield by CSR Group and by employers across the industry in England, therefore travel will be a requirement for the role.
Experience & Skills required:
No previous work experience is required for this role, however, a strong motivation to work in Science Manufacturing and the industry of Advanced Therapies must be shown. Additionally, you should demonstrate:
- Reliability, integrity and respect of confidentiality on work related and personal matters.
- Responsibility for quality and accuracy of your work and accountability for your impact on others.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Positive response to change, adjusting to different conditions, technologies and situations.
- Ability to manage time effectively, being able to plan and complete work to schedule.
- Evidence of autonomy and ability to work effectively as part of a wider team.
- Communicate succinctly, clearly and accurately both verbally and in writing.
- Proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improvement.