As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone contract development and manufacturing services for clinical trials and the commercial market. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Apprentice Maintenance Engineer will train to understand and maintain facilities, services, equipment and plant to appropriate standards at a named site within the Cobra group.
To develop into a multi-skilled Engineer able to understand, manage and perform planned preventative maintenance and provide breakdown support on a variety of plant and equipment whilst adhering to H&S and cGMP standards.
Working under supervision or within the limits of a trainee’s knowledge and experience to perform tasks such as:
- Managing, monitoring and performing simple daily checks on plant equipment
- Ensuring that plant and utilities are operating to specified parameters, documenting critical parameters
- Completing shutdown activities in accordance with a detailed programme and written Standard Operating Procedures
- Managing and performing minor repairs to building fabric and services
- Interacting and liaising with external contractors ensuring that all work is thoroughly documented to H&S and cGMP standards, ensure the safety of contractors and Cobra personnel
- Contributing towards the execution of 5S system of facility management
- Collaborating with other teams as appropriate to maintain and improve quality
You will hold a BTech Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering (this is a pre-requisite of joining the apprenticeship) and be educated to GCSE level 4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths, English and Science.
You will work well as part of a team, demonstrate good communication and problem solving skills and have a strong desire to learn.
To apply, please visit https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-520315. Applications received via this page will not be considered.