As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone contract development and manufacturing services for clinical trials and the commercial market.. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
We currently have a vacancy for a Group Financial Controller reporting into the Group Finance Director. As a key member of the Finance Team the successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop their financial management skills in a multinational and dynamic corporate environment. The position will be based in Keele, Staffordshire although regular UK and international travel is a requirement of the role.
The successful candidate will provide and maintain accurate financial records, accounts and reports for the Board, management and external stakeholders ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and accounting standards, working in conjunction with the Cobra Leadership Team and Site Management Teams to maximise operating margins and working capital potential.
The main duties will include:
- Supervision of generation of timely and accurate site management accounts, variance analysis and forecast updates
- Preparation of timely and accurate consolidated group management accounts, variance analysis and forecast updates
- To support and when applicable take a leadership role in the implementation and continuous development of accounting and information systems falling within the responsibility of the Finance Team
- Maintenance and improvement of current financial controls, reports and procedures
- Prepare statutory year-end financial statements in accordance with appropriate accounting procedures, and assist in the implementation of procedures and reports applicable to new and updated standards
- Liaise with external auditors for all Group companies
- Assist with treasury management activities such as hedging and funding activities
- Review statutory returns such as VAT, PAYE, US payroll and liaise with external providers where applicable to ensure non-UK statutory returns are filed promptly and accurately
- Support in the review and approval of legal terms and conditions, pricing and payment terms as well as the review of projects for appropriate risk mitigation
- Preparation of site level and consolidated budgets and contribution to development of 5 year-plan in conjunction with Finance Director
- Line management responsibilities within the finance team.
The ideal applicant will have ACMA/ACA/ACCA and post qualification experience in a SME finance department, or private practice with significant SME exposure. A strong knowledge and frequent use of IT applications is also ideal.
He/She will be proactive, analytical, results orientated and be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills. Experience of working in a busy and complex environment, dealing with deadlines and periods of a high volume of work is also essential.
Applications should be sent in writing stating the appropriate reference number with full C.V. and current salary details to: – Marie Cusworth, HR Administrator.