As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone contract development and manufacturing services for clinical trials and the commercial market. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
A vacancy has arisen for a GMP Assistant to work within the GMP facility alongside the Production Team supporting manufacture of client products.
Main duties will include:
- GMP status maintenance activities including daily and campaign cleaning
- Compliant completion of GMP documentation
- Routine GMP facility monitoring of pressures and temperatures
- Preparation of consumables for GMP production
- Materials preparation and autoclaving for GMP contracts
- Responsibility for performing autoclave performance testing
- Materials and equipment transfer as part of project start up activities
- Responsibility for the management of small equipment calibration/re-calibration
- Working flexibly to support the teams delivering scientific processes within the GMP facility
Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, ideally 5 or more GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade A-C/4-9 including English Language and Mathematics.
This is a scientific support role and full training will be provided. Applicants must be self-motivated, and enjoy working in a busy cleanroom environment. Applicants should be adaptable to work alone or as part of a team. Strong organisational skills and ability to follow instructions to meet timelines are essential. Practical experience in a GMP environment would be an advantage but not necessary as full training will be provided.
The successful candidates must be flexible in their approach to work and willing to work additional hours to accommodate processing. The enthusiasm to learn and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues within the organisation are also essential.
This role will be based at Keele, Staffordshire.