As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone contract development and manufacturing services for clinical trials and the commercial market. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Scientist within the Innovation department at Keele, Staffordshire, UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for biologics downstream process development.
Main duties will include:
- Execution of purification processes within our research and high quality facilities in support of commercial contracts, gene therapy viral vector development and Innovate UK grants with academic institutions.
- To assist in the transfer/development of new processes unit operations or techniques within the team and into GMP across all sites or to external clients.
- Interpretation of data, communicating results and performing impact assessment.
- Generation of study plans, study reports, operational protocols and batch documentation as required.
- Provide training to less experienced staff in techniques, as required.
The ideal applicant will possess a HNC/HND or BSc (or equivalent qualifications) in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or another relevant scientific subject and/or have extensive previous practical laboratory experience in a relevant technical area in an academic or industrial environment. Practical experience of using ÄKTA systems is strongly desirable.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, practical skills within their area of expertise and the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams.
The successful candidate must be flexible in their approach to work and willing to work additional hours to accommodate processing. The enthusiasm to learn and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation are also essential.
This role will be based at Keele, Staffordshire and may involve travel within the Group as projects require.