As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone contract development and manufacturing services for clinical trials and the commercial market. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Scientist within the QC Analytics group at Keele, Staffordshire, UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for QC Analytics to support plasmid DNA and virus development and manufacturing projects. They will also become a key person in the development of cell based assays.
The main duties will include:
- Contribution to scientific development and evaluation of analytical methods, including the identification and implementation of new assays to meet the developing needs of the business
- Accountability for the analytical support of programmes of work, from initial customer contact, through to method development, evaluation, qualification/validation and transfer
- Support the transfer of methods into QC Analytics from both internal and external customers, as required
- Execution of method qualification/validation
- Interpretation of data and communication of results to both internal scientific peers and external customers
- Timely decision making on the impact of generated data and relevance to analytical and process development, and impact on GMP production
- Expectation to flexibly manage a variety of programmes of work as the Business need dictates
- Ideally to have sound understanding and experience in working within a GMP Laboratory
The ideal applicant will possess a degree or equivalent in Biochemistry, Virology, Biotechnology, or other appropriate science, and must have proven experience in bioanalysis; a higher degree qualification would be advantageous. Applicants should ideally have significant practical experience of working in an analytical laboratory in a GMP industrial environment.
The successful candidate will need to be a proactive team player, within the department and across the organisation, and be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.