As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone contract development and manufacturing services for clinical trials and the commercial market. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Scientist within the Product Delivery Department at Keele, Staffordshire, UK. The successful candidate will be working within the GMP facility, leading processes and responsible for a team of GMP scientists.
The main duties will include:
- To lead the execution of assigned programmes of GMP manufacturing in an efficient and compliant manner.
- To contribute to the planning of GMP projects by providing estimates for required resources and schedules.
- To support the Production Leader in maintaining documentation compliance in respect of procedure updates, process improvements and QMS generation and close-out.
- Direct line management of at least three GMP Scientists.
- To interpret data and communicate results.
- To form part of multidisciplinary teams transferring processes into GMP as required.
You will be educated to degree level or above in Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering or equivalent qualification with practical expertise in a relevant technical area. It is essential that you will demonstrate strong process experience in mammalian or microbial production and have proven experience of working within a GMP environment. Direct experience of line management is advantageous.
You will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. A flexible approach to work and a willingness to work additional hours (including weekends) to accommodate processing is essential. The enthusiasm to learn and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation are also essential.
This role will be based at Keele, Staffordshire.