As a leading international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics and pharmaceuticals, Cobra Biologics offers a broad range of integrated and stand-alone contract development and manufacturing services for clinical trials and the commercial market. We take pride in manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider, delivering what we promise and helping our customers to develop drugs for the benefit of patients.
A vacancy has arisen for an Experienced GMP Microbial Fermentation Scientist to work within Product Delivery.
Main duties will include:
- Execution of Microbial Fermentation and Microbial Cell Banking within the GMP cleanroom facility.
- To maintain the status of the GMP production facility clean rooms.
- Compliant execution of GMP processes in a timely manner according to Manufacturing Plans and Batch Manufacturing Records.
- Ensure laboratory notebooks and Batch Manufacturing Records are completed and maintained according to Cobra Standard Operating Procedures.
- Update Standard Operating Procedures and Material Specification Sheets as required.
- To form part of multidisciplinary teams, lead by the Production Manager or Senior Scientist, taking processes from the client/development/technology transfer stage into GMP.
- Train less experienced staff in techniques, as required.
The ideal applicant will possess BSc in a Science subject or equivalent qualifications, candidates with a minimum of 2 A Levels, BTech/NVQ (or equivalent) and relevant experience will also be considered. Applicants will have practical experience of working in a GMP production facility in an industrial environment. Experience working with microbial cultures is essential, as is a sound knowledge of fermentation principles and large scale culture within disposable vessels is desirable. The applicant should be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and strong practical skills within their area of expertise.
The successful candidate must be flexible in their approach to work and willing to work additional hours to accommodate processing. The enthusiasm to learn and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation are also essential.
This role will be based at Keele, Staffordshire, however, a willingness to travel within the Group will be required.